Worried about the supply chain crunch this holiday season? Lots of companies are having issues to keeping up with their inventory, for a number of reasons both related and unrelated to the aftermath of the Covid19 pandemic. Retailers are already suggesting hat you should shop early to get everything you want for Christmas this year.
With mostly larger companies impacted I guess more people were talking about supporting local than actually buying local… most local artisans, makers and creative entrepreneurs that I know in my network have zero supply chain issues. Many of them likely have their basements and garages full of supply that they haven’t been able to sell yet due to less social events and markets over the last months.
To support local you have to buy from people you know, not just talk about it. It’s not necessarily about spending more, but directing what you’re spending already towards people you know. Supporting local often means buying from people, not companies. Think faces, not logos.
Gift Ideas For The Holidays
Here’s a few ideas to get your holiday shopping started early, or get a last-minute gift added for someone you (almost) forgot. All of these are made by independent creative entrepreneurs (like yours truly), they’ll make an awesome gift and will arrive in time for Christmas if ordered in early December.
- Shop my photographic art studio – a small selection of my photography which I currently have available at my studio
- Shop my ready to frame, matted photography prints – these matted prints come in a few standard sizes, ready for you to frame and hang on your walls.
- Shop my Freedom Project book series on Amazon
- Greater Good – give little joys this holiday season. Each order helps people, pets or the planet.
- Indigo Books and Music – Holiday Gift Shop
- Upload A Photo And Create Your Custom Canvas Prints
Make sure to check shipping cut offs for each of the items listed, and reach out if you’re in doubt.
P.S. If you’re a local business owner and have ready-to-go inventory that’ll arrive anywhere in Canada before Christmas, text me and I’ll add you to the list above.