If you’re like me, you might be tired of paying for advertisements to drive traffic to your website. I’ve wasted a lot of money going through that learning curve, but I’ve gotten smarter! I’ve found a way to generate a lot more traffic to my website, using the power of social media. If you use social marketing correctly, it will bring visitors directly to your site from the social media sites that you get involved with…and that’s huge. After all, we all want more traffic to our site, right?
You may not realize it, but social media sites have more traffic than Google. If you use the right strategies and tactics to put yourself in front of that traffic, then you don’t have rely exclusively on Google to get traffic to your sites. And best of all, you don’t have to worry about expensive AdWords campaigns or other forms of advertising. As an added bonus: The back links from my social media sites helped improve my organic search engine rankings, sending even more visitors my way from Google and other search engines – without paying a penny!Try my social media class yourself
Here is a random compilation of Twitter tips & secrets that you can use to maximize your earning potential with Twitter in your marketing efforts!
- If you have tons of followers, chances are that not all of them will read every tweet that you send. If you got a good reaction or a good bit of traffic from one of your tweets, try posting it again at another time, to get in front of a different audience.
- Interact with your followers and take an active interest in them by replying to their tweets and retweeting. Schmooze with them – offer compliments, joke around, etc. Remember that Twitter is a community.
- If your goal is marketing, be direct with your Bio. Tell them exactly who you are. “I’m a 33-year-old author and blogger living in Canada!” Don’t post random song lyrics or an inside joke. Leave that for your personal Facebook page, if you must.
- Remember that everything you do on Twitter represents your (personal) brand. Tweeting “OMG I got so drunk last night” probably isn’t the best image to portray, unless your demographic happens to be male college students.
- Don’t get addicted to Twitter. Checking it every five minutes will start to interfere with the rest of your life and your business. Keep a schedule and force yourself to check it no more than every two hours or so. If you intend to publish a tweet, it’s easy to start reading up on everyone else’s tweets, and before you know it, half an hour has passed and you can’t remember what you were going to tweet about in the first place.
Want to learn more social media secrets? Check out my course and ebook “The Ultimate Social Media Plan”. This guide will show you how to use Twitter, Google+, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn to propel your business!Get Your Ultimate Social Media Plan
Wilko van de Kamp Author | Artist | Advisor
Hi, I’m Wilko van de Kamp, creator of Liberty Training Academy and author of the Freedom Project book series. For more than 15 years, I have helped people and their companies achieve their own results beyond their goals. I work with authors, coaches and experts to build their brand to become a #1 industry influencer and increase their impact on the communities they serve. We focus on every aspect of personal brand building through technology and storytelling, with a relentless focus on accelerating the achievement of their personal, professional and financial goals. And I would love to do the same for you! To get a conversation started, please text me directly at 587-417-2697.