Make The Most Of Your Airline Miles After Covid19
Travel April 14, 2023 Wilko van de Kamp
This post is an example of the content I share every Friday in my Living by Experience Magazine. If you’d like your free copy, just click here.
While things are still a bit different compared to traveling before Covid19, travel definitely is starting to pick up again. It’s important to optimize your travel plans to get the most out of your miles and points. After Covid19, it may be a little more difficult to redeem your miles for free flights. Still, there are ways to make the most out of your rewards.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Transfer your miles: One of the best ways to use your miles is to transfer them to a partner airline. Many credit cards and airlines offer transfer options, which make it easy to redeem your miles on flights booked with different airlines. For example, if you have a stash of Delta miles, you can use them to book flights with Virgin Atlantic. Similarly, the points accrued through credit cards like Chase Sapphire, American Express Platinum, or Capital One Venture can be redeemed on a number of airlines. Keep an eye out for periodic transfer-bonus deals, which can save you thousands of points.
- Look for deals: Keep an eye out for deals and discounts on flights and hotels. Many airlines and hotels are offering deals to encourage people to travel again. You can also use websites like Skyscanner and Kayak to compare prices and find the best deals on flights and hotels.
- Consider alternative destinations: Some destinations may be cheaper to visit than others. For example, if you’re looking to travel to Europe, consider visiting Eastern Europe instead of Western Europe. You can also save money by visiting destinations during their off-seasons.
- Use your credit card rewards: Many credit cards offer rewards like cashback, points, or miles for purchases. You can use these rewards to book flights, hotels, and other travel-related expenses. Make sure to read the terms and conditions of your credit card rewards program to understand how to best use your rewards.
- Plan ahead: Planning ahead can help you save money on flights and hotels. Book your flights and hotels early to take advantage of early-bird discounts. You can also use websites like Hopper to track flight prices and get alerts when prices drop.
While travel may not be as easy as it used to be, there are still ways to make the most out of your miles and points. By transferring your miles, looking for deals, considering alternative destinations, using your credit card rewards, and planning ahead, you can save money and make your travel dreams a reality.
Even throughout the last 3 years of limited or no travel, I never stopped applying my travel hacking principles. As a result, after this pandemic I have accumulated more miles and points than I’m able to use for a while. That’s not meant to impress you – but it’s meant to impress upon you that you can do the same, if you wish.
You can get started today with access to the Travel Revolution preview at no cost by clicking here.Travel Revolution Preview
P.S. Questions? Text me: 604-210-8668. Your support means the world to me, so if this post helped you, please consider buying a book (for you), a coffee (for me), or checking out a more in-depth course (for free). Thanks! 🙂